Friday, February 11, 2011

Fun With Haga

This weekend promises to be a fun and exciting one, so before I get too ahead of myself, I figured I should keep everyone updated! Pam turned 21 a couple weeks ago, so to celebrate her birthday we went to Kusu Island. On the way, Gina, in all her friendliness, befriended a lone Japanese traveller. Who decided to hang out with us for the rest of the day. This is Haga. Unfortunately, I did not take many pictures with my camera, so the one picture I have of Haga is not very good. (He's hiding there in the corner.)

Here is a better picture of Haga that I stole from Jayne:

Haga is the short little man all the way on the right. Holding Jayne's hand in one hand, and reaching all the way to Gina's shoulder with his other hand. There are too many Haga stories to tell here, but basically he was a lone 39 year old Japanese traveller, carrying with him cubes of cheese and business class Japanese cookies, who barely spoke any English. It made for quite the interesting and exciting day.

The other main highlight of Kusu Island was the plethora of turtles. Kusu does mean tortoise after all.



Last weekend, as if we hadn't already eaten enough during Chinese New Year celebrations, Pam and her dad cooked us a five-course Italian meal. It was by far the best food I have eaten in Singapore so far. Unfortunately, I don't remember the names of all the dishes, but they all looked amazing and tasted just as good.





That's all for now, I'll try to check back in after the weekend. Hope everyone at home is staying warm!

Love,
Reb

No comments: